> How will our business benefit from participating?
> What are the specific activities that customers participate in?
> How much time do I have to commit?
> How do you manage our involvement in the program?
> Who do I contact if I want to nominate my organization or have questions about the Centricity STAR Reference program?
> Can we decline particular marketing or media opportunities?
> What control do we have over content?
> What if my company will not allow public profiles or case studies?
> What makes a good case study?
> How will the content created (e.g., case studies, white papers, testimonials) be used by GE Healthcare?
> What is involved in being an on-site sales reference?
How will our business benefit from participating?
In addition to promoting your smart use of technology and project innovation, together we are focused on benefits beyond a typical customer relationship.
- Promote thought leadership: Build industry recognition by showcasing you and your organization’s success
- Gain Exposure: Increase publicity of your organization through media interviews, speaking engagements, case studies, testimonials and more
- Build Peer Rapport: Collaborate with peers, analysts, industry experts and GE Healthcare executives
- Make a Difference: Help similar organizations make informed business decisions
What are the specific activities that reference customers participate in?
The Centricity STAR Program provides many choices for participation. We will work with you to customize activities that will achieve your specific objectives and meet your organization’s policy requirements. Examples include:
- Reference calls
- Site visits
- Case studies
- Media articles
- Press releases
- Speaking engagements
How do you manage our involvement in the program?
A program manager will work with you to coordinate activities and to ensure that you get the best business value from the program. A member of our marketing team will work with you to draft releases, presentations and any success stories. You and your communications team will have the opportunity to review and approve all materials before they are made public.
How much time do I have to commit?
Your involvement will vary depending on your availability and preferences. We are always mindful of the value of your time and work closely with you to manage our reference requests with your direction.
Who do I contact if I want to nominate my organization or have questions about the Centricity STAR program?
Contact us at CentricitySTAR@ge.com or reach out to your GE Healthcare representative.
Can we decline particular marketing or media opportunities?
Yes, during your initial phone call with a member of our program team, we will confirm the type of activities you want to participate in. The final decision is always yours.
What control do we have over content?
You have control and approval over all content about your organization. We will never publish without your approval. You and your communications team will be required to review and approve all materials before they are made public.
What if my company will not allow public profiles or case studies?
There are many opportunities to participate in activities without public exposure. These include direct interactions with peers and industry analyst interviews.
What makes a good case study?
We focus on compelling stories that convey your innovative solution to a broader audience. Regardless of the size of your company or your implementation, we want to highlight your challenges, how you resolved them and the results that you have seen.
How will the content created (e.g., case studies, white papers, testimonials) be used by GE Healthcare?
Most content will be posted to our website and press releases will be posted to the news wire. It may also be featured in other media, such as printed marketing material, videos, events, and other programs.
What is involved in being an on-site sales reference?
Sales prospects often ask to speak with our existing customers to get an objective view of GE Healthcare IT solutions.
- GE Healthcare will schedule and coordinate all site visits and provide a representative to accompany all visitors
- A specific Show Site Agreement will address the terms of these visits
- Meetings are always based on your availability and will be pre-approved by your organization a minimum of 2 weeks in advance
- Site visits typically last 2-4 hours maximum and will not exceed one visit per month, unless agreed upon by your organization
- Groups are limited to a maximum of six to eight persons (including GE Healthcare personnel)
- Your organization will provide a dedicated clinical spokesperson to support the visit’s objectives and agenda